We all crave comfort foods, and specially so during those cold winter days as our body feels the chill outside in more than just physically. Energy released from what we eat can give a boost to our body as well as our soul. What better way to give your face a healthy glow than with great comfort foods. Besides a cup of hot chocolate, balance your diet with the following healthy comfort foods to sooth your sensitive skin during winter months.
Boost Your Skin to Radiance with these Healthy Foods
Sweeten up any vegetable dish or add as a side dish with beetroot. Clean, cut up and boil. For more pazzaz, sprinkle with crumbled goat cheese. You can store it in your fridge and use as needed. It's a delicious and simple way to get comfort food and have great looking skin. Beetroot has many benefits for skin and hair:
- It is rich in ant-oxidants, which dermatologists proclaim are extremely beneficial against aging by fighting harmful free radicals.
- Contain lycopene, which helps maintain elasticity of skin.
- Carotenoids in beetroot help promote hair growth and helps improve the quality and thickness of hair.
- Beneficial against radiation due to lignin content in beetroot.
- It acts as a natural detoxifier by helping to purify the blood.
Earth's spices have many benefits besides adding flavor to your food:
- Garlic and ginger have anti-bacterial and anti-inflammatory properties that can help control acne and breakouts.
- Spice up soups, curries, stews, etc. with spices such as cayenne, cardamom, cinnamon, cumin, fennel, fenugreek and turmeric.
- Fennel has a slight licorice flavor and is said to decrease redness.
- Turmeric has the active ingredient curcumin, which has been shown to have anti-oxidant properties. It can help repair and reduce blemishes.
- Add a cinnamon stick to warm apple cider to help increase circulation and bring a glow to your skin.
- Cumin is rich in vitamin C and E, which are essential for healthy skin and to help prevent premature aging. Enhances flavor in any dish with just a dash.
Vegetables for skin conditions:
- For eczema, steam broccoli and add some almond slivers on it. Delicious and your skin will love it.
- Saute zucchini and add a few dried cranberries to it for zest. Zucchini nourishes your skin with vitamin C, helping to keep your skin hydrated and youthful.
- Add lots of tomatoes to your salad to help protect skin from free radicals and harmful UV-rays. It also acts as a natural moisturizer by keeping your skin hydrated. Tomatoes can help prevent acne and pimples and help reduce skin pigmentation. They are rich in vitamin C, E and B complex.
- Sweet potatoes are rich in anti-oxidants which protect your skin from free radicals. Free radicals are harmful towards premature aging and wrinkles. Sweet potatoes are also rich in beta-carotene and vitamin A.
- To sooth your skin, make avocados a regular part of your diet. They contain powerful anti-oxidant vitamin E to help deactivate free radicals and quicken healing of sunburns, and decrease inflammation of skin.
Go nuts with dry fruits and seeds like walnuts, almonds, pumpkin seeds, cashews and flaxseeds.
Nuts contain natural oils and omega 3 fats, and are rich in vitamin E to help you look younger. However, limit how much you eat, since they are high in calories.
Fruits your skin loves include:
Grapes, which are loaded with phytochemicals that contain anti-oxidants and anti-inflammatory properties. They are also rich in vitamin C that helps with:
- Skin softening
- Uneven skin tone
- Encourages hair growth
Blueberries added to cereals, yogurt or eaten raw can help protect your skin from premature aging. They are low glycemic and are full of anti-oxidants.
Routine Skin Care
Besides what you eat, how you take care of your skin is very important. Cleure sensitive skin care products are formulated free of parabens, fragrance and harsh irritating ingredients to bring about the healthy, beautiful skin you deserve.
Thank you Cleure! Since I have switched to most of your products my hair/face/ whole skin on my body feels so much better. As a senior with arthritis I find it difficult to open the flip cap of your toothpaste tube.
Do you have volume hair products? My thin gray hair needs more body and V o l u m e! Can you help.
Thank you for your helpful healthy tips. Much appreciated.