What Causes Wrinkles & How to Minimize Them
It's never too early to think about anti aging skin care. Whether you're 25 years old or 40 years old, and have dry skin, oily, acne prone or sensitive skin, it's important to choose the right skin care products to help prevent wrinkles. According to the American Academy of Dermatology taking care of your skin properly, can go a long way towards preventing premature aging and wrinkles. Learn what causes wrinkles and best way to reduce wrinkles.
While you cannot turn back the clock towards youthful appearance, you can dramatically reduce and slow the evidence of aging. Products for aging skin are found in drugstores, high-end department stores and on the Internet. However few are free of irritating ingredients or focus on different skin types, especially sensitive skin. Certain ingredients can be very harsh and cause skin conditions to flare up. Sensitive skin, at any age, tends to be more delicate and prone to quickly responding to outside impact.
Just like the rest of the body, your skin will begin to change in time. Natural aging is normal, however, abuse, lack of care, poor habits and harsh skin care products, can all contribute to rapid aging of your skin.
What Causes Wrinkles
There are certain factors that contribute to unhealthy, premature aging. These include:
Exposure to sun without proper protection. This means you should wear a hat, sunglasses, and apply sunscreen. Broad spectrum sunscreen gives you protection against sun's UVA and UVB rays. Safe sunscreens are those formulated with zinc oxide and titanium dioxide.
- Heredity and your genes play a role in how quickly your skin begins to weaken and sag, showing wrinkles and fine lines.
- Not taking care of your skin with proper moisturizing becomes dry and appears unhealthy. Keeping your skin hydrated with the right moisturizer for your skin type is the most effective anti aging product you can buy.
- Using variety of different products for aging skin with irritating ingredients is not recommended. It's best to find a few that work, and stick with them.
- Poor eating habits can age you. Smoking and other bad habits also cause unhealthy skin. Be realistic in what result you expect to achieve. You can't expect your skin to appear 10 or 15 years younger within a few days or weeks, no matter what the commercial or label tells you, especially if you're living an unhealthy lifestyle.
Best Daily Anti Aging Skin Care Routine
Healthy skin care habits practiced daily can help your skin stay youthful, even as your age goes up. The following are what dermatologist recommend based on your skin type to help reduce fine lines and wrinkles:
- Avoid indoor tanning. Exposure to the sun, sun lamps and tanning beds accelerate skin aging. The harmful rays of the sun are also present with the same ultraviolet radiation in sun lamps and tanning beds.
- Clean your face with warm water and a mild cleanser for your skin type. Avoid any cleansers with harsh detergents such as sodium lauryl sulfate (SLS). Choose a soap-free cleanser.Free radicals are harmful molecules that form on your skin and end up causing damage and aging. Keeping your skin clean and healthy can help prevent their formation.
- Daily moisturizing is important. However, hydration must be skin deep, and this is why drinking enough water help with skin hydration as well.
- Get enough sleep and manage stress. Rest is well documented to help refresh your whole body and help renew healthy cells.
Always choose anti-aging sensitive skin care products that are formulated to be hypoallergenic, fragrance free, gluten free, paraben free and salicylate free.
Choosing the Best Anti Aging Skin Care
It can be mind boggling deciding which anti aging product to purchase with so many available. These tips will help you narrow down the search for best results for your skin and your pocket book:
- Test one product at a time. Most people complain of sensitive skin. There are many types of skin conditions, and even the best meaning brand may cause skin reactions.
- Check with a dermatologist for any ingredients you may be sensitive to and check product labels before buying. Cleure offers a Self Patch Test instructions to help you find if a product may work for you or not. However, it's always best to be patch tested by your dermatologist.
- If you notice any adverse reaction when testing a new product, cross it off your list. Many anti aging ingredients may cause stinging, burning or flaky skin. If your skin feels irritated, it's time to stop using the product, unless your dermatologist lets you know the reaction is normal.
Cleure's entire lineup of sensitive anti aging skin care
products, including Day Cream and Night Cream are formulated to be free of common irritating anti aging ingredients. By practicing a daily proper skin care routine, you can maximize the benefits of your products and see amazing results.
Learn more by reading Easy Steps for Sensitive Skin Care Routine.