Frequently Asked Questions
I have very sensitive skin. What should I do if I get a reaction to one of your products?
- Discontinue the use of the product. In severe life-threatening emergencies, contact your physician or 911.
It's best to try a new product on a small area of your arm first. Then wait for a at least 24-48 hours to see how your body reacts to it.
Hi, I am hoping you may be able to help me. I seem to be sensitive to everything. I am 39 with fair skin dry body skin, some keratosis on arms and legs. Fine curly hair that seems to get oily after one day. And something I have been fighting for over 3 years is dry flaky, clogged somewhat oily skin that is also lined now also clogged all over on my face. Im now assuming i have dehydrated skin..I have tried dry skin skincare.. it exasperates everything.. oily skincare dries it out so badly it begins to hurt and get oily as well.. never holding moisture .. I'm unsure what products I should purchase from your site that may help heal my skin. Thank you so much
- For dry flaky, somewhat oily skin I recommend the following. You can also learn other tips in our blog: Daily Routine for Dry Sensitive Skin
1. Clean your face with Lotion Cleanser during day and night. This is wonderful for dry flaky skin.
2. Follow at night with our Alcohol-Free Toner. This is great for clogged pored.
3. Moisturize with Facial Lotion during day and at night a light application of Day Cream. The Facial Lotion is oil free and great for your skin type, but at night for more hydration, the Day Cream will work for you. The Night Cream may be too heavy, but if you like you can try it and alternate with the Day Cream.
As always, we do recommend the
Self-Patch test for any new products you'd like to try, if you have sensitive or allergy-prone skin.
I'm sensitive to salicylates. What ingredients should I avoid?
- Any plant ingredient has salicylic acid EXCEPT: soy, wheat, corn or oats. These 4 are salicylate free. Other ingredients to avoid include: camphor, menthol, balsalm, pycnogenol, besabol, octisalate, homosalate, meradimate, mexoryl, bioflavinoids (hesperidan, quercetin, rutin).
Can pregnant women use these products?
- Since we don't use any plants, which may have drug interactions and warnings for pregnant women, our products should be safe to use. However, expectant mothers with extreme sensitive skin, should check with their physicians before changing their skin care routine.
Are all your products gluten free?
- Yes, all our products are gluten free, and manufactured in a facility that is gluten free.
Are your products safe for those who are Vegan?
- All of our products are vegan, except Emu Oil. However, all ingredients are listed and we recommend reviewing the list prior to use.
Why is it the color of cosmetics that I receive don't match what I see on your site?
- The color guide on our site gives you a general idea of the shade. Every computer interprets and presents colors differently. Also, everyone's body chemistry will make an impact on how a shade looks on you.
This is why we offer a 30 day money back guarantee.
Is there a shelf life for your products?
- We recommend using any product within 12 months. However, they can be kept for up to 3 years. For best results, do not store in direct sunlight.
Where are Cleure products made?
- All our products are made in the USA.
Do you test on animals?
- Cleure products are NOT tested on any kind of animals.
If I'm extremely sensitive, how should I test the products or find out if they will work for me?
- We recommend reading the ingredient list first. Then, test a small amount on the inside of your arm and wait for a day or so for any reaction.
Are all your products salicylate free?
- Yes, all our products are salicylate free.
I have very dry hair. Do you have any products or recommendations to help me?
- Many of our customers report by adding just a drop or two of Cleure Emu Oil to the conditioner, makes a world of difference for dry hair. You may want to try that.
Where is your headquarters?
- Our company is located in Ventura County, California.
Do you sell Cleure products in any stores?
- At this time, we only offer our products on the Internet and a handful of pharmacies or retailers.
How long has your company been around and is it privately owned?
- Cleure toothpaste, our first product, was developed in 1994. The products were only sold in health food stores and dental offices. The company is not publicly traded but privately owned.
I notice some of your products have a scent or "fragrance". Are these synthetic fragrances?
Do you use nanotechnology in manufacturing Cleure products? What about titanium dioxide or zinc oxide?
- A very few of our products may contain a scent, but not a fragrance. Fragrance that may cause allergies, usually contain essential oils, plant extracts and other ingredients that may cause side effects. Cleure makes every attempt to only use safe ingredients free of any salicyaltes or other potentially allergic producing ingredients.
Why do you use titanium dioxide and zinc oxide in your sunscreen instead of the chemical sunscreen?
- No. Cleure does not use nano-particles in our products, including titanium dioxide or zinc oxide.
- The Food & Drug Administration (FDA) has rated titanium dioxide and zinc oxide as the safest broad spectrum sunscreens. They are naturally mined and have been used for many years in food, medical, dental, pharmaceutical and cosmetic industries.
Why do Cleure products not contain any plant or "natural "ingredient?
- Plant ingredients are often sprayed with pesticides and have side effects. Medline Plus and University of Maryland Alternative Medicine websites include an extensive list of many popular herbs and their side effects.
Most plants also contain preservatives that are not always listed on the label.
For a product to truly be "natural", it would either have to be refrigerated or it would have a very limited shelf life of only a few days. Cleure focuses on formulating safe ingredients that are non-irritating.
Can I buy your products locally?
Do you offer free samples or coupons?
- No. Our products are only sold through our website, except for a handful of retailers. If you have a local retailer that you would like to offer our products, contact them.
- We offer Travel/Trial sizes for very low prices. This way you can try the products and use them for travel.
Do you ship internationally?
- We ship all over the world. If you have questions about shipping cost outside of USA, either call is at 1-805-981-7600 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Is it safe to order online? Will my information be shared or sold to other companies?
Can I receive a catalog by mail or print one?
Shopping on our site is safe and secure. We use SSL encryption to keep your information safe, and we never distribute your personal information to third-party vendors.
- Ordering online is a more Earth-friendly way to buy our products. At this time we offer no catalogs.
What methods of payment do you accept?
- Payment for online orders must be made with a credit card. We accept the following:
We will charge your card and email an order confirmation number to you.