Safe Products Lead to Healthier Life
Most people worry about pollutants from air, water,
pesticides, etc. Research is
showing our bodies are also being injured by ingredients used daily through our
personal care and cosmetic products. This is serious and can potentially lead to chronic
Toxins entering through the skin can affect our body through the
immune system, respiration, nervous system, hormones, musculoskeletal system
and the brain. Children can be at an even higher risk due to their sensitive bodies.
According to the Center for Disease Control
(C.D.C.) there are over 130 million people suffering with chronic illness. Symptoms can begin with
hypersensitivity to variety of products.
Studies report from
15% - 44% of the U.S. population report chemical
independent studies by the non-profit consumer organization Environmental
Working Group (EWG), we absorb over 123 ingredients daily through our skin via
personal care and cosmetics.
What's shocking is that the Food & Drug Administration (F.D.A.) has
not tested over 90% of these for safety.
In fact, personal care and cosmetic products are not monitored for
safety by the F.D.A. and companies are left to police themselves.
A myth believed by most consumers is that
natural ingredients in products are healthy and good for you. The truth is that most natural
ingredients have side effects and contain harsh preservatives to prevent mold,
or are sprayed with herbicides. It's important that you learn what you
can do to live a safer today and a healthier tomorrow.
The following ingredients are some ingredients that have been shown to have side effects:
- Alcohol, Isopropyl (SD=40): drying and irritating solvent
- Phthalates: reproductive birth defects, found in shampoos, conditioners, perfumes, soaps
- Salicylic Acid: has anti-inflammatory properties, found in synthetic and natural form; allergy producing
- Camphor: high in salicylates
- Parabens: found in breast cancer tissue
- 1,4-dioxane: known carcinogen
- Ammonium Laureth Sulfate: foaming ingredient
- Sodium Lauryl Sulfate: foaming chemical dries the tissues
- Lanolin: chemical used on sheep, contaminated with pesticides, clogs pores
- Fragrance: allergy producing
- Mineral Oil: petroleum by-product that clogs pores, promotes acne
- Sodium Hydroxide: dries tissues, potential for sensitizing
- Propylene Glycol: derived from petroleum, penetrates skin, can weaken at cellular level