Are Natural Shampoos Better?
Do natural shampoos clean better, and are they more beneficial? All natural shampoo sounds like the best of both worlds – a bottle filled with flowery plants that can help you have shiny and beautiful hair without harsh chemicals or synthesized ingredients. However, natural shampoo from most brands can still contain harsh botanicals that may cause allergies or adverse reactions in customers seeking sensitive skin hair care products.
These harsh and not so gentle natural shampoo ingredients may not be so gentle on your scalp or be better for your hair. For example:
If you have sensitive skin, the proper hair care products are very important. The top things you need to know include:
- Lanolin may make skin soft but can be contaminated with pesticides from farming.
- Echineachea is a popular herb but can cause rashes and allergic reactions.
- Tea tree oil can cause rashes and blistering.
- Lemon can irritate the hair follicle.
- Mint and menthol, often added to salon products can cause severe allergic reactions.
- Olive oil may be beneficial, but the higher price you pay, and the small amount of olive oil in the shampoo may not make it any better, or worth the higher price.
- Even the mildest botanical ingredients can cause skin irritation to an allergic consumer.
- All of these ingredients are natural, however they all have side effects that can make using them uncomfortable or irritating.
What You Should Know About Proper Hair Care
- Avoid shampoos with plants and botanicals. As mentioned above, these may be contaminated with pesticides and have side effects, even i ones.
- Stay away from the ingredient sodium lauryl sulfate (SLS). This harsh detergent can dry your scalp and be irritating.
- Fragrance-free shampoo is what you need to focus on and use. This type of hair products are more gentle.
1. The top beauty salon hair stylists recommend using your fingers to deep massage your scalp while shampoo. This gets rid of sebum (waxy, oily substance) that settles on your hair, making it look greasy or dull. Massaging helps healthy hair follicles grow and prevent sebum buildup.
2. Using too much shampoo is not necessarily better. You really don't need much more than a small amount. SLS free shampoo may not foam as much, but they have substituted safer ingredients to clean.
3. Stylists agree hair changes with season. If you notice a change in texture or scalp, make sure you rinse thoroughly. You may also be washing your hair too often. Once or twice a week is sufficient.
4. Stay away from very hot water. This also can irritate the scalp.
Cleure’s hypoallergenic, natural shampoo and conditioner do not have any of these allergy causing ingredients. Cleure shampoo and conditioner will leave your hair soft, shiny, and healthy without the risk of ingredients that can harm or irritate your skin. Cleure’s shampoo has a number of gentle ingredients designed to bring out the best health in your hair but also does not contain harsh chemicals like many other regular shampoos.
Cleure shampoo is fragrance free, gluten free and salicylate free. You will also find that Cleure shampoo does not lather as much as other brands. This is because Cleure shampoo does not contain sodium lauryl sulfate, a common detergent agent added to most commercial soaps and personal care products to increase lather and foaming. Unfortunately, as many as one in five people are plagued by sensitive skin which sodium lauryl sulfate can aggravate. Cleure has chosen to produce a product that does not contain this ingredient to eliminate potential skin irritation, dryness, and potential rashes.
Cleure’s hair care line does not end with shampoo, but also includes a luxuriant conditioner that will soften and shine your hair, adding volume and health with each washing. Simply apply after washing with shampoo, or leave for longer to deeply condition damaged hair. Cleure’s shampoo and conditioner are safe and suitable for all hair types, including color treated hair, and without drying chemicals and allergens, can even improve your scalp's health.
Cleure offers a medium hold hypoallergenic styling gel with similar properties. For those needing deep conditioning or a sleek, soft shine, one hundred percent natural emu oil from Cleure, can add softness and shine to hair and skin, clearing up troublesome dry patches and providing deep moisturizing with one hundred percent pure certified emu oil. While your previous experiences with shampoo and hair care may have been hit or miss due to other allergens, Cleure’s SLS-free shampoo is an excellent choice for those with allergies or sensitive skin.